TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
As an Upsell Sales Consultant, you’ll help power business success with extraordinary HR by working with our current SaaS client base to uncover and close upsell opportunities and grow revenue through PEO upsell, add on ASO or upsell SaaS options. You will be sharing and quantifying our value proposition and selling TriNet’s comprehensive solutions which includes access to benefits, payroll, and HR services to current HCM TriNet customers.
You’ll prospect and build your own book of business, own your opportunities and execute the sales process. In an effort to exceed quota, you’ll build pipeline, conduct sales meetings with prospective clients via video conferencing, write proposals, gain approvals, and present those proposals to prospective clients, including C-level executives, business owners and other decision makers in midsize businesses.
- Prospect to our current SaaS customers by upselling PEO, ASO and/or SaaS services, increasing revenue.
- Understanding of financial concepts as to quantify benefits for your customers specific to their business.
- Utilize a sophisticated and multi-step selling process with defined criteria, executive sponsorship and internal business processes.
- Balance multiple complex opportunities in parallel through the stages of typical 3-6-month sales process.
- Achieve quota target by meeting sales activity metrics.
- Strong understanding of target market and decision-making personas will help to qualify or disqualify quickly.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added.
- Consistently work on building a balanced pipeline of target prospects through prospecting (email, phone, LinkedIn).
- Responsible for maintaining high volumes of activity for your own leads and clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferred
Experience: Minimum of 3 years working with a B2B, selling in one of the following industries: HCM, SaaS, HRO, Cloud, ERP, HRIS, technology, or financial services. – REQUIRED
Proven SaaS, ASP, PEO experience is ideal. – PREFERRED
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong phone-based development skills required.
- Ability to conduct online demos and virtual meetings.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Success with complex, consultative, C-level sales.
- Strong business acumen and P&L analysis.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts allows you to quantify benefits to your customers specific to their business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to build your own book of business from prospecting, sourcing, establishing and maximizing partner and referral networks.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to build strong ecosystem partnerships and business referral relationships to share the value and mission of TriNet.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Experience with technology and common software and web applications, including MS Office and Salesforce.com or comparable CRM.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable home or office setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position may be considered remote and require reliable and consistent internet service.
The salary range for this role is $75,000 to $130,000. The candidate’s final salary offer will be based on the candidate’s skills, education, work location and experience.