The Virtual Assistant for the CEO is a dynamic role that requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, offer solutions to problems, and communicate both internally and externally with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. As the Virtual Assistant you will report to the CEO and support the executive team in scheduling and follow-ups of tiered-level leadership meetings. You will need to work with a strong balance of openness and confidentiality as this role will maintain interactions both internally with leadership and private equity group, as well as, externally with customers.
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining agendas for board, executive, and department leadership meetings
- Capturing key meeting notes and distributing follow-ups
- Assist CEO in general calendaring and travel logistics
- Assist C-suit with miscellaneous ad-hoc project and tasks
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day to day engagements
- Sourcing and interviewing of potential external partners (speakers, trainers, etc)
- Familiarity with Asana or the ability to learn a new project management tool
- Familiarity with Slack or the ability to learn a new communication platform
- Familiarity with Microsoft office suite
- 4 years’ experience in administrative role reporting directly to upper management.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to keep information, tasks, and follow-ups organized
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Robust and flexible problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and execute projects with minimal direction
- 1 2 years’ experience managing Executive Assistant type tasks virtually
Work Model: Remote position, able to work in the office but not mandated (Brooklyn, NY). Attend mandatory quarterly company meetings in-person at New York City HQ (paid for by the company).
Additional job requirement: This job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
Here are just a few elements of our culture that you can look forward to:
- An inclusive environment amplifies our employees’ voices in fundamental conversations
- A staff of ambitious people who want to set roots down with us and advance in their career
- Ongoing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Volunteer and mentorship opportunities with various NYC-based organizations
- A safe space to let your ideas be heard and truly make an impact in the type of day-to-day you have always wanted
- Sustainability initiatives like composting, recycling and clean energy – and pursuing B-Corp certification!
- Shared core values among staff who are passionate about what they do
Some benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly product allowance + product discount (70% off!)
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
- Paid volunteering hours