We are looking for an experienced Website Optimization Specialist to join our growing global marketing team in Raleigh, North Carolina. This role reports to the Director, Web Channel.
As Website Optimization Specialist, you will be responsible for the analysis and optimization of conversion aspects of Apptio.com to drive engagement and accelerate the customer journey. You’ll focus on ensuring the quality and performance of the user experience related to content merchandising, calls to action, landing pages, forms, personalization, and other opportunities to drive engagement that feeds our lead scoring system to develop pipeline.
You are the bridge between growth marketing, website architecture, design, and marketing automation functions that inspects the visitor’s journey for points of friction and pounces on opportunities for acceleration. You think in terms of data-driven behavior analysis and test-driven improvement design. You are an excellent communicator who seamlessly translates business priorities into technical requirements and project plans that yield desired business outcomes. You have impeccable attention to detail, embrace outcome-oriented thinking, and tenaciously pursue continuous improvement.
This position will work within the Website Team which is part of the Marketing organization. We are a highly collaborative, team-oriented, and results-focused group. The Website Team ensures consistent, polished delivery of our market-facing messages and demand generation content. We are responsible for ensuring a seamless buyer’s journey across our entire digital channel as an extension to the growth marketing team’s objectives, and we work cross-functionally with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Continuously analyze and report on website performance (e.g. visitor behavior, site speed, conversion rates) as well as downstream business outcomes, (e.g. qualified lead volume, pipeline generation). Maintain dashboards to bring this analysis to the broader marketing team.
- Coordinate and deliver website optimization projects, including traffic & behavior analysis, requirements development and wireframing proposed improvements, A/B testing where appropriate, and delivery of finished optimizations.
- Expand our nascent personalization efforts by adopting new platform capabilities, establishing new business processes, and demonstrating desired business results.
- Oversee MarTech systems that directly support analysis, diagnosis, testing, and personalization of website user experiences and conversions.
- Work hands-on as a power-user in our WordPress CMS to manage website content and site structure, identify and correct poor user experiences, and apply conversion optimizations.
- Where custom development is needed, communicate functional requirements and ensure that the development matches requirements and achieves business goals.
- Work with our digital marketing team to ensure our landing pages and conversion opportunities are appropriately optimized for paid traffic.
- Work with our marketing automation team to ensure all content engagement, demand gen, and conversion activities are appropriately captured and scored in our Marketo and Salesforce platforms.
- 2-4 years of corporate website management, preferably marketing websites in a B2B, SaaS, or agency environment.
- Expert skills with Google Analytics, Data Studio, Google Optimize, VWO, Hotjar, or similar.
- Experience using a robust CMS, specifically WordPress
- Demonstrated project coordination, prioritization, business analysis, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with PathFactory a plus.
- Experience with Elementor a plus.
- Experience managing content on a website with personalization a plus.
- Experience managing a website with DAM integration and/or using a DAM a plus.